Ayam masak kantan

Salam.
Seem ages since I last wrote. Almost forgotten how to put  words into sentences and how to arrange the sentences to form understandable phrases. I guess I've been gone too long.

My love for food and photography is still the same.  No less.
Just that I have lost some of the rhythms that I once had. Nonetheless every now and then when I feel the situation is appropriate , I just had my fun time.  Like I did when I cooked this dish.




I call it ayam masak kantan because the sauce is full of bunga kantan flavour.
Cooking this dish is no far different from cooking masak lemak cili api. Just a little bit of alteration here and there, it becomes a completely different version.
I love it.  Love the taste. Love the aroma too.



You need:
1 whole chicken cut into small sizes
1 box of santan or extraction of coconut milk from 1 coconut.
15 bird eye chilis (cili api) *
5 shallots (bawang merah)*
2 garlics *
1 inch galangal (lengkuas)
1 inch ginger
2 lemon grass (serai)
1/2 in tumeric * (or you can use tumeric powder)
2 potatoes, quatered
1 stalk bunga kantan cut into halve
6 pieces of kafir lime leaves (daun limau purut)
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1 asam keping




- In a mortar pounder, grind those marked * until becomes a fine paste. You can also used blender but make  sure not to put in much liquid.
- Flatten galangal, ginger and lemon grass with the head of the mortar pounder.
- Heat enough oil. Fry the grounded paste until fragrance.
- Put in galangal, ginger, lemon grass and kafir lime leaves. Stir until cooked and fragance.
- Put in the chicken and cook until it changes colours.
- Pour in santan, stir.
- Put in potatoes and bunga kantan
- When potatoes are soft, put in asam keping.
Dont forget your salt.




Well, as easy as that.
See you at the dinner table.


ibundo

Artikel Terkait

Ayam masak kantan
4/ 5
Oleh

Berlangganan

Suka dengan artikel di atas? Silakan berlangganan gratis via email